AQUASTAT collects, analyses and disseminates data and information, by country, on water resources, water use and agricultural water management, with emphasis on irrigated agriculture in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean. Its goal is to support agricultural and rural development through sustainable use of water and land by providing the most accurate information presented in a consistent and standard way.
What AQUASTAT offers:
Standardized data and information: To provide you with evidence to measure progress and to substantiate your decisions
Tools: To allow you to generate your own analysis and conclusions, articles and presentations
Capacity development: To improve your understanding and monitoring of water resources, uses, and irrigation management.
Concretely, this means that we provide data, metadata, reports, country profiles, river basin profiles, regional analyses, maps, tables, spatial data, guidelines, and other tools on:
- Water resources: internal, transboundary, total
- Water uses: by sector, by source, wastewater
- Irrigation: location, area, typology, technology, crops
- Dams: location, height, capacity, surface area
- Water-related institutions, policies and legislation.